During the month of June I am going to eat a vegetarian diet. I won’t eat any meat, fish, eggs (I don’t like eggs anyway) or other meat products.
Unfortunately I haven’t planned this month out as well as some of the other months, but I hope to learn as I go. I have gone without meat in the past, but I have never done it for an entire month straight.
I will be focusing on finding quick, easy, inexpensive and tasty recipes and meals for vegetarians. I want to make sure the habit is easy to form and easy to continue. I want to focus on making a month with no meat appealing to others who are considering this change or who think that eating no meat is silly or crazy. I think when some people think about being a vegetarian they think they can only eat salad and fresh veggies. This month I am going to show just how many things vegetarians can eat. I also hope to notice a change in how I feel and the amount of energy I have throughout this month. I’ll try to post any good recipes that I find, and for updates on what I have for dinner, you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram.
I hope you’ll join me in this month of not eating any meat. At the very least you’ll find that eating less meat will give you more energy and help you feel better in many ways.
- Q: If you’re not eating meat then what are you going to eat?
- A: Tons of stuff! I’m going to eat lots of grains, fruits and veggies, rice, potatoes, quinoa, cous cous, soy products, beans and lots of other stuff.
- Q: So you’re really not eating any meat?
- A: Yes, that’s right. No meat. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
- Q: Isn’t being a vegetarian unhealthy?
- A: No, not really. I likely won’t be a vegetarian for the rest of my life, but I would like to limit the amount of meat I eat. I think that we consume too much meat at every single meal. I want to learn to limit those amounts.
- Q: Isn’t being a vegan better?
- A: I don’t know. I do know that trying to eat vegan would get very expensive and stressful in my life right now. I can’t sustain a vegan lifestyle and I’m not sure I want to at this point. Vegetarianism is challenging enough for now 🙂