We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do
~ Mother Teresa
I often find myself drifting through life with a neutral expression on my face. I am usually a pretty happy guy, but I don’t always let it show on the surface. Today I want to change that. I want to spread happiness through my smile and help others to have a smile.
I can’t prove to you that smiling slows aging, reduces stress, helps you lose weight or has any other health benefits. I do know that smiling makes me feel better and seeing others smile helps me to be happier and boosts my optimism.
Whenever I see someone smiling I can’t help but smile along with them. I love the elation that accompanies a friendly smile shared between two strangers.
I think a little smile every day can go a long way. Here are some ways to spread your smile to share the love and happiness:
- Smile at the person next to you in traffic. You might get a smile back or a good laugh at their reaction.
- Give a smile and a hello to the bus driver or the store clerk.
- Smile at your boss when you get to work. This could put you and your boss in a good mood to start off the day.
- Smile as soon as you wake up. Say “Thank you” out loud to the new day.
- Smile when something bad happens. Even forcing a smile will improve your outlook and help you move forward.
- Smile at the trees, the birds, the rain, the flowers, the rocks, the fields, the mountains, and whatever other nature you can find.
- Smile at your fears. Maybe if they see a kind face, they’ll be less afraid today.
- Smile on social media. Post a smiling selfie, a smiling emoji, or just let people know that you’re happy. Share this post to help others share their smiles.
- Share a smile with someone who is lonely or having a bad day. Let them know that it’s OK to smile.
What other ways can you share your smile? Share in the comments below or on social media using the links below or with the hashtag #SimplySmile
A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose.
Image Credit: Kenny Louie (quote was added)